Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2010 is a 10 (or The Luck 'O The 1/4 Irish)

Tip of the Day: Sometimes your fortune cookies say what you need them to say and are right!

Hi! How are you all doing? Me? I'm good, but, well, my head is spinning still so my post today will be a list of Good Things that have been happening since Labor Day (the time of year that feels like a New Year, as Emily stated back in September) and why I can't think straight to post something helpful instead of self-indulgent.*

*For some brilliant posts, please read Kate's and Em's posts from Monday and Tuesday, and most likely Tina's and Lisa's tomorrow and Friday. Check back with me next week.

Sept -- Vegas trip for sis's wedding
Sept -- signed with new agent
Oct -- agent revisions and editor subs
Nov -- Manpanion's CD release party
Jan -- NYC SCBWI conference with Em; met agent
Feb -- Caribbean trip and manpanion engagement
Feb -- Chicago trip and visit with Em and Tina
March -- editor revision request
March -- made an offer on a property that was accepted while I was at Writer's Group
**April -- send revisions to agent
**April -- bro's wedding in Austin
**May -- close on house and move
**June -- have my first real writing office

**Future projections based on my current brain functions

What Good Things have been happening since Labor Day to all of you? Happy St. Patty's Day!

Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing

6 comments:

Kate Fall said...

Hey, your offer was accepted yesterday!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

It's definitely true that everything happens at once.

DeenaML said...

Kate -- more details when the seller finds her own place to move to and it's a "done deal".... :)

Kristina Springer said...

Yay-- hope the house goes through!

DeenaML said...

Oh god, I almost forgot about a YA event at my lib today, lol! Prob bc no one has been coming to them, but ah well. That is where my head is. :-p

Lisa Schroeder said...

I'm so jealous of all your trips!! I want to go on a trip. Must figure out how to make that happen...

Crossing my fingers the sale goes through!

Emily Marshall said...

Yay, congrats on the house!! How exciting.