Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I've Done This Before? (or Just Little Bits of History Repeating*)

*With apologies to Miss Shirley Bassey

Tip of the Day: The new season of Project Runway -- with 90-minute episodes! -- continues with episode #2 tomorrow night!

My revised MG novel was rejected recently, and while it is an even more fabulous novel than it was before I integrated the revision suggestions, and there are a few more editors with their hands on my hot little manuscript, I am writing the next book.

I LOVE the next book.

I can't wait to share the next book with my agent!

I don't think I'm going to finish my first draft by mid-August the way I hoped. I did write 7000 words two weekends ago. And the first 1/3 of the book is really polished (thanks to CP feedback).

But when I'm here on word 51,000 out of at LEAST 65,000 (60k was my original anticipated word count), I wonder how the heck I finished all those other novels.

I've done this...seven times before. Seven! Really? Man, I'm pretty dedicated to this writing thing, lol! And every...single...time when I reach this point of being so excited about the ms that I want to share it, yet feeling so bogged down by it and like it'll never be ready for outside eyes, I wonder how I did it the times before.

And if history repeats itself, I WILL finish this WIP and it will be fabulous. :) Even if I'm short of my date goal.

Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing

3 comments:

Lisa Schroeder said...

I love that you LOVE your next book. Go Deena!!

And I'm so glad Project Runway is back on. Although suddenly I have lots of TV to watch, with Friday Night Lights and Mad Men and Big Brother and...

Why no, I haven't been writing, why do you ask?

DeenaML said...

Lisa, I saw the posts on teenlitauthors about "always write the next book" and really, I love that advice. It is the thing we can control.

Kate Fall said...

I always wonder how you do it. Seven books! It's the lucky number. I have no idea how I got books written either. At the time it seemed like hard work.