Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Can't Wait to Read You!

Tip of the Day: Go Jets! Celebrate your favorite occasions (like the Jets winning the playoffs) with a Bellini: champagne and peach nectar.


2011 looks to be a fantastic year for novels, and I love to get recommendations. There are a few novels I'm especially anticipating:

THE WATERLOO PLOT by Marissa Doyle. I stayed up all night reading THE BEWITCHING SEASON and then stayed up another night reading THE BETRAYING SEASON. THE WATERLOO PLOT takes place in the same world, and I'll be running out to read it as soon as it's released. These Victorian historicals are packed with romance and magic.


THE DAY BEFORE by Lisa Schroeder. I love Lisa's books and I love novels in verse. The description for THE DAY BEFORE sounds like a novel I'll devour: Amber and Cade set out to spend the perfect day together, but as Amber falls for Cade, she realizes he's living like each moment is his last.


SOMETHING LIKE HOPE by Shawn Goodman. I met Shawn at a SCBWI retreat and was privileged to hear some of this novel while it was a work in progress. Then it won the Delacorte YA award! In this novel, Shavonne struggles to redeem herself in a large juvenile lockup hundreds of miles from home. And we have an interview with Shawn coming up here at Author2Author later this month!

Speaking of novels I want to read, don't forget there's still time to enter our Sarah Dessen giveaway. Click here to enter to win three Sarah Dessen novels. Awesome.

-- Kate, Miss Perfecting the Pages

2 comments:

Lisa Schroeder said...

Thanks for the shout-out Kate! I'm sort of glad June is a ways away. It always takes me a while to get use to the idea of people reading my book! :)

Kate Fall said...

I'm looking forward to it. You'll have to let us know if you like June releases better than winter releases.