Monday, August 8, 2011

The FMD Challenge!

Tip of the Day: Stuck on your project? Write a query letter for it. It will focus you on your theme and might inspire you.

Deena and I and our local critique partners are participating in Laurie Halse Anderson's challenge to write for 15 minutes a day. I obviously can't put it better than Laurie Halse Anderson, so here's her blog entry about the challenge: Write Fifteen Minutes a Day Challenge.

I can't tell you how well this is working out for me. It's easy for me to let other types of writing and responsibilities take precedence over my fiction writing. I decided to devote the 15 minutes a day to my sci fi WIP. I've been making it easier on myself by stopping my daily writing in the middle of a sentence, so I know where to pick up the next day. If things are going good, I can write about a page and a half in 15 minutes.

Who knows? At this rate, I might finish this novel in 15 minutes a day!

-- Kate, Miss Perfecting the Pages

2 comments:

Christina Farley said...

Interesting. I did a blog post not long ago about writing for 20 minutes a day since I was having a hard time finding time. And that kicked started my writing! SO yes, I recommend it.

Andrea Mack said...

I was doing this for a while too. It really helped to keep me focused and those little bits of writing do add up.

Andrea
www.andrea-mack.blogspot.com