Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Celebrate good times, come on!

Tip of the Day: never apologize for celebrating or taking time for yourself!

Doing a little happy dance for finishing something this morning that I’ve been working on for awhile!

To celebrate, I’m taking a break for a few days and getting a treat (preferably a chocolate one) for dessert this evening.

With all the rejection in this business, I think celebrating the small victories are one of the most important things you can do to keep your sanity.

Because writing a book is hard!

Very hard.

Not to mention going back and spending months and months revising it.

And for accomplishing that alone we should be celebrating with champagne and trips around the world.

So kudos to all you writers out there!

How do you celebrate? A day off? A treat? A massage? Or maybe a night out by yourself?

2 comments:

Andrea Mack said...

Emily, it is so important to acknowledge those small victories! I'm going to make more of an effort to do that!

Kate Fall said...

My husband and I are going out for a fancy martini after dinner this Friday. We have some things saved up to celebrate!