Thursday, August 30, 2012

Garage Sale - Everything Must Go

Tip of the Day: If you need a really big laugh, read through these reviews of the Bic Pen for Her on Amazon. Seriously funny stuff.



I'm planning a garage sale this weekend because we want to start emptying the house and hopefully sell it some time in the future. And it made me think about having a writerly garage sale. I don't know about you guys but I have a ton of unfinished books: books that need revision, books that I never got back to, books I shelved and didn't submit, and books I submitted but were rejected. Wouldn't it be fun to have an old writing garage sale with a bunch of authors? Disclaimer being this is not our best work, it's going to go for a low low price, it might be dented or something may be living in it so buyer beware, but here you can have our old stories? Selling old writing for say 25 cents. Wouldn't you go for this? I'm not saying with my own books (don't worry, I'm not really having a writerly garage sale) but I'd TOTALLY buy, say, Meg Cabot's shelved books for 25-50 cents. Or Stephen King's. Or John Greene's. Wouldn't you? :-)

Kristina, Miss Author in Action

1 comment:

DeenaML said...

Rummage sale! All old novels and ideas must go! :)